LRA Volunteer Information
It’s the time, resources and energy of our volunteers that makes LRA successful as a non-profit organization.
Association Fundraising / Volunteering
To sustain our success as an organization, the LRA depends on the parent/guardian of a player or player if over the age of 18, to volunteer for Association-related volunteer activities each season. The LRA Board of Directors has made some changes to the volunteer policy and requirements. Volunteer opportunities will be communicated to the membership throughout the season.
2022-2023 Volunteer / Fundraising Requirements
- Cash for Christmas Raffle.
- Each family will be required to sell 2 books of 10 tickets per child, up to a maximum of 4 books for those with multiple children in Ringette.
- Volunteer Commitment
- The LRA volunteer policy requires that a parent/guardian of a player or player if over the age of 18, must complete volunteer shifts to meet 5 volunteer credits per season to a maximum of 10 per family. The policy applies to players registered in U 10 to U 19 divisions. A separate policy is in place for Open players. See Operating Policies - Section 13.
Association-Related Volunteer Activities
Association-Related Volunteer Activities - credits will be allocated in varying amounts to a number of volunteer activities. The current list includes the following:
- shifts at the Bridge Battle Tournament (November)
- shifts at any Competitions hosted by the LRA
- Any other activity declared by the LRA to be an Association-related volunteer activity.
Team-Related Volunteer Activities
Individual teams also require parents to contribute time and resources to support games, tournaments, and team-specific costs such as team swag or team gatherings. Team-related volunteer activities include the following:
- Time/Score Keeper;
- Penalty Box person;
- Shot Clock (U12 and up);
- Team-based fundraising activities such as bottle drives to support tournament participation or team gatherings
- Any other activity declared by the LRA Board of Directors to be a Team-related volunteer activity.
** team-related activities do not count towards association volunteer requirements.
It is the time, resources and energy of our volunteers that makes LRA successful as a non-profit organization
How to sign up
LRA is using SignUp as a tool for volunteers to review and signup to association volunteer opportunities that best fit their interests and schedule.
Sign Up Here!
- Read through the detailed descriptions of the volunteer positions. Take note of those that you feel qualified to work.
- Select a date and volunteer duty that works for you.
Note: you must be able to perform the duties that you sign up for
- Sign-up by providing the following information:
- First name & last name
- Cell number
- Email address
- Player details; level name (example: U10 Jane Doe)
The fine print:
- All volunteer opportunities will be available on *******
- Email reminders will be sent two days in advance of your volunteer commitment; please ensure you add email@example.com to your ‘safe senders list to avoid your reminders being lost in your ‘junk box’
- You are responsible for ensuring your own attendance as well as other people (s) working on your behalf.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you, as well as other people (s) working on your behalf, can perform the duties you have signed up for. -Those not able to perform the aforementioned duties will be considered a ‘no show’.
-In the event you have someone working on your behalf, ensure you email all contact details (of the person(s) working for you) to **firstname.lastname@example.org** two days prior to the event.
Contact ****** at **email@example.com** for any questions.
Sign Up Here!