LRA Volunteer Information
It’s the time, resources and energy of our volunteers that makes LRA successful as a non-profit organization.
Questions about volunteering? Contact John at email@example.com
Fundraising for 2021-2022 is undergoing some changes to help ensure LRA remains affordable. The Board has set a target of ensuring fundraising revenues cover 20% of the LRA operating expenses on a year-over-year basis.
- LRA’s traditional fundraising activities are at risk due to Covid restrictions.
- In 2020, Bingo revenue was down 60%
- Chinook Tournament which contributes a significant amount of revenue did not occur.
- we are anticipating that our next scheduled Casino event in 2022 will be delayed by at least a year, possibly longer because of the lockdowns in 2020 and 2021.
In order to sustain our success, the LRA depends on the parent/guardian of a player or player if over the age of 18, to volunteer for Association-related volunteer activities each season. The LRA Board of Directors will continue to identify and communicate these Association-related volunteer activities.
2021-2022 Updates to Volunteering Requirements
- LRA’s Fundraising focus for 2021 will be the Cash for Christmas Raffle.
- Each family will be asked to sell 2 books of 10 tickets per child, up to a maximum of 4 books for those with multiple children in Ringette.
- Team managers will serve as the key coordinators for each team in collecting money and tracking books.
- The $100 Fundraising Offset Fee will be maintained for 2021 season. This will be included as part of the registration.
- the board will assess any fundraising revenue brought in through Bingos, tournaments, or Casinos at the end of the season and where possible will provide a refund against this $100 Fundraising Offset Fee.
- The ever-evolving and ongoing COVID 19 pandemic has brought many challenges. The state of our bingo programming is currently unknown. Parents should still expect to volunteer for two association-related 5-hour shifts.
Association-Related Volunteer Activities
- Working a 5-hour bingo shift (winnersbingo.ca 3307 3rd Ave. South, Lethbridge)
- 5-hour shifts at the fall tournament
- Any other activity declared by the LRA to be an Association-related volunteer activity. (this could include 5hr shifts at Bridge Battle or other events hosted by the LRA)
Team-Related Volunteer Activities. Individual teams also require parents to contribute time and resources to support games, tournaments, and team-specific costs such as team swag or team gatherings. Team-related volunteer activities include the following:
- Time/Score Keeper;
- Penalty Box person;
- Shot Clock (U12 and up);
- Team-based fundraising activities such as bottle drives to support tournament participation or team gatherings
- Any other activity declared by the LRA Board of Directors to be a Team-related volunteer activity.
** team-related activities do not count towards association volunteer requirements.
- At present, Virtual Bingo still needs 3 volunteers per event (down from 9 for in-person) and the Board has elected to continue the $50 rebate incentive FOR BINGO VOLUNTEERS ONLY.
- The $50 rebate will be provided up to the maximum of $100 Fundraising offset fee. Further rebates may be offered at the discretion of the board.
- rebates will be provided at the end of December, April, and August for those Bingo volunteers who completed shifts by that time
How to sign up
LRA is using SignUp as a tool for volunteers to review and signup to association volunteer opportunities that best fit their interests and schedule.
Sign Up Here!
- Read through the detailed descriptions of the volunteer positions. Take note of those that you feel qualified to work.
- Select a date and volunteer duty that works for you.
Note: you must be able to perform the duties that you sign up for
- Sign-up by providing the following information:
- First name & last name
- Cell number
- Email address
- Player details; level name (example: U10 Jane Doe)
The fine print:
- All volunteer opportunities will be available on signup.com
- Email reminders will be sent two days in advance of your volunteer commitment; please ensure you add firstname.lastname@example.org to your ‘safe senders list to avoid your reminders being lost in your ‘junk box’
- You are responsible for ensuring your own attendance as well as other people (s) working on your behalf.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you, as well as other people (s) working on your behalf, can perform the duties you have signed up for. -Those not able to perform the aforementioned duties will be considered a ‘no show’.
-In the event you have someone working on your behalf, ensure you email all contact details (of the person(s) working for you) to email@example.com two days prior to the event.
Contact John at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Sign Up Here!