LRA Volunteer Information
It’s the time, resources and energy of our volunteers that makes LRA successful as a non-profit organization.
Questions about volunteering? Contact John at email@example.com
In order to sustain our success LRA requires that a parent/guardian of a player or player if over the age of 18, must complete 2 volunteer shifts of approximately 5 hours per shift on Association-related volunteer activities per player per season.
The LRA Board of Directors is responsible to identify and define what constitutes Association-related volunteer activities. Volunteer opportunities will be available throughout the year for parents/guardians of players and payers over the age of 18 to fulfil their hours. The Directors of Fundraising and Tournaments will keep track of those parents/guardians of players and players over the age of 18 who volunteer their time to the Association.
Association-Related Volunteer Activities
- Working a 5 hour bingo shift (winnersbingo.ca 3307 3rd Ave. South, Lethbridge)
- 5-hour shifts at the Chinook Tournament; and
- If so designated by the LRA, 5-hour shifts at the Bridge Battle Tournament or any Provincial Competitions hosted by the LRA; or
- Any other activity declared by the LRA to be an Association-related volunteer activity.
Team-Related Volunteer Activities. Individual teams also require parents to contribute time and resources to support games, tournaments, and team specific costs such as team swag or team gatherings. Team-related volunteer activities do not count towards Association-related volunteer hours. Team-related volunteer activities include the following:
- Time/Score Keeper;
- Penalty Box person;
- Shot Clock (U12 and up);
- Team based fundraising activities such as bottle drives to support tournament participation or team gatherings
- Any other activity declared by the LRA Board of Directors to be a Team-related volunteer activity.
- Team managers will collect Two $200.00 UNDATED Cheques (1 cheque per volunteer obligation) made payable to LRA from each player family and submit to Director of Fundraising within 2 weeks of team formation.
** Please indicate in the memo field player level and name (ie U10 Jane Doe).
- Volunteer deposit cheques will be cashed under the following conditions:
- No shows
- Not completed volunteer duties for the current ringette season (Sept to Aug).
- Individual is not able/qualified to work the shift they have signed up for.
Individual is sent home as they aren’t able to fulfill volunteer obligation.
- Individual is late and hinders assignment of other bingo volunteers
- Buyout option
- Parents not wishing to volunteer can elect a buyout of $150 per volunteer obligation.
- LRA Board reserves the right to limit the number of buy-outs.
Buyout priority will be granted in the order received.
- Cheque requirements:
- Dated prior to September 15th of the current year.
- Payable to: Lethbridge Ringette Association
- Memo: Player level & Name (ie U10 Jane Doe)
- Cheques must be received by the Registrar no later than September 15th of the current year for registration to be considered complete.
How to sign up
LRA is using SignUp as a tool for volunteers to review and signup to volunteer opportunities that best fit their interests and schedule. Please note board members and Head Coaches are exempt from volunteer obligations.
Sign Up Here!
- Read through the detailed descriptions of the volunteer positions. Take note of those that you feel qualified to work.
- Select a date and volunteer duty that works for you.
Note: you must be able to perform the duties that you sign up for
- Sign-up by providing the following information:
- First name & last name
- Cell number
- Email address
- Player details; level name (example: U10 Jane Doe)
The fine print:
- All volunteer opportunities will be available on signup.com
- Email reminders will be sent two days in advance of your volunteer commitment; please ensure you add firstname.lastname@example.org to your ‘safe senders list’ to avoid your reminders being lost in your ‘junk box’
- You are responsible for ensuring your own attendance as well as other person(s) working on your behalf.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you, as well as other person(s) working on your behalf, can perform the duties you have signed up for. -Those not able to perform the aforementioned duties will be considered a ‘no show’.
-In the event you have someone working on your behalf, ensure you email all contact details (of the person(s) working for you) to email@example.com two days prior to the event.
- Cheques for ALL no-shows will be cashed.
Contact John at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Sign Up Here!